Sami Nawaf Alawneh
Chief of Safety and Environment Unit
- Master Degree (Strategic Security Studies); National Defense University, Washington D.C.
- Aviation Safety Post Graduate Course; University of Karachi/Pakistan
- Ex air force Colonel Pilot (RJAF) with 4596 flying hours.
- Flight Safety Officer since 2004.
- Aircraft Fire Protection/Mishap Investigation.
- Aircraft Accident Investigation.
- Instructor Pilot.
- Maintenance Test Pilot.
25 November 2020 | 14:00 - 14:45 | Virtual Panel: How to control risks introduced by new sustainable technologies, hydrogen case study
The use of hydrogen as a primary source of power is one of the most promising technological enablers on the path towards sustainable aviation. Introduction of hydrogen-based technologies will bring new risks in aircraft design, production, operation, maintenance and recycling. The panel will discuss these risks, their impact throughout the aviation ecosystem and how the aviation industry can collaborate and draw from other industries to control them.